Preparing for Treatment at our Behavioral Hospital and Addiction Center
As you prepare to begin your recovery with us, we want to make sure your stay is comfortable and you have all the necessary items you may need. Some items, however, should be left at home. Centerstone is a tobacco–free facility.
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothes—including a light sweater or jacket and walking shoes; clothing must be appropriate at all times (laundry facilities are available)
- Sleepwear, including slippers and robe
- Toiletries—toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, shaving cream and razor
- Small electronics—iPod, clock radio, alarm clock, blow dryer, hair iron
- Medications—all prescription medications in pharmacy dispensed bottles, over-the-counter medication such as aspirin, vitamins and antacids will be kept in a secure place for you
- Personal mementos, such as family photos and other sentimental belongings
- Snacks for special diets, such as low-fat or gluten-free; otherwise, snacks are provided
- Your own pillow and/or additional blankets; however, bedding is provided
- Small amount of cash for vending machines and occasional outings
What Not to Bring:
- Products containing alcohol-based ingredients
- Highly caffeinated products such as Surge, Monster or Jolt
- Cell phones, pagers, laptops, portable DVD players
- Tobacco products
What to Bring to Your First Appointments
- Bring a list of your medications
- Name of medication
- Why do you take it?
- What dose do you take?
- How often do you take it?
- Who prescribed it?
- Guardianship papers or Birth Certificate (for anyone under 18 years of age)
- Insurance Card
- Emergency Contact Information
- Previous Medical Records (if available)
- Primary Care Physician Information
Not sure if you need to come in? Call for information at (941) 782-4150.