- This event has passed.
January 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am CST
“It’s Not About You: Structural and Systemic Racism” presentation
Centerstone will host “It’s Not About You: Structural and Systemic Racism” presentation on January 4 from 10-11:30 a.m. CT via Zoom. CEUs are available and there is no charge to a
Centerstone will host “It’s Not About You: Structural and Systemic Racism” presentation on January 4 from 10-11:30 a.m. CT via Zoom. CEUs are available and there is no charge to attend.
Objectives of the training include:
- Participants will be able to identify different types of racism
- Participants will gain education regarding the subject of race creation
- Participants will gain insight into the history of structural and systemic racism
- Participants will gain an understanding of the current systems of structural and systemic racism
- Participants will participate in an solution-minded discussion
The presenter of the training will be Jeremy Allen with Southern Illinois University – Carbondale (SIU-C). Allen is a Ph.D. candidate in Sociology at SIU-C who specializes in race. He has taught Sociology 108 Introduction to Sociology, 215 Race and Ethnic Relations in the U.S., and 303 Sociology of Deviance. He has academic training in stratification, race, criminology, research methods, and analysis. Additionally, Allen has decades of lived experience relating to his primary area of study.
This training has 1.5 hours of continuing education approved for IL LCPC / LPC, IL LCSW / LSW, and IL Nursing (LPN, RN, APN) under IDFPR Professional Counselor CE License No. 197.000263 and IDFPR Nurse CE Sponsor License No. 236.000184.
This training is sponsored by Centerstone’s Trauma, Treatment and Training (CT3) program.