Building Skills in Family Treatment of Adolescents & Emerging Adults
August 29 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Through group interaction, participants will review the research and share work experience to help strengthen family services offered in the treatment. By attending this training, you will develop a personal plan to enhance your skills in the delivery of family services.
Our training facilitator is Nancy J. Phillips, M.S.Ed.-PSY, CAADC, CFPP.
Two CEUs will be available for LCPC/LCSW and certain certifications through IAODAPCA.
- Discuss the issues created in families with an adolescent or young adult experiencing addiction.
- Explore the role of family in the treatment process.
- Identify strategies to support ongoing recovery for both the client and family.
- Examine counselor attitudes, behaviors and beliefs that influence the clinical success in the delivery of family services.
- Generate a personal plan to strengthen family treatment skills.
CEUs are available for LCPC, LPC, LCSW, LSW and individuals currently certificated by the ICB.