Free virtual training | CEUs available
Children who have experienced complex trauma often have difficulty identifying, expressing, and managing emotions, which can lead to unpredictable and explosive behavior. Childhood traumatic experiences have been linked to increased physical and mental health issues that can last into adulthood. This training provides practical information for anyone working with children or seeking to practice trauma sensitivity.
This training has 1.5 hours of continuing education approved for IL LCPC / LPC, IL LCSW / LSW, and IL Nursing (LPN, RN, APN) under IDFPR Professional Counselor CE License No. 197.000263 and IDFPR Nurse CE Sponsor License No. 236.000184.
1. Identify common causes of complex trauma
2. Identify ways trauma and complex trauma present in children
3. Increase knowledge of complex trauma and how it impacts children’s ability to identify, express and manage emotions
4. Discuss links between childhood trauma and physical and mental healthy challenges in adulthood
5. Discuss resources for managing trauma in children
Presenter: Amber Anderson, the Southern Region Prevention Specialist with Prevent Child Abuse Illinois.
To register, visit http://bit.ly/072821. For more information, contact Megan Ragan at email@example.com or call (618) 383-4655.
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day First of the month, repeating until December 22, 2021
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day Third of the month, repeating until December 22, 2021