Agreement will create a five-state behavioral healthcare organization committed to advancing quality care in local communities and across the nation
Bradenton, Fla. and Nashville, Tenn. – Centerstone and Manatee Glens have signed a letter of intent to pursue an affiliation. By joining forces, the two non-profit organizations plan to advance the delivery of mental health and addiction treatment in Manatee Glens’ communities and nationwide.
The letter of intent allows Centerstone and Manatee Glens to complete due diligence and finalize an affiliation agreement. The affiliation may be effective as early as January 1, 2015, pending legal and regulatory reviews.
“Centerstone and Manatee Glens share a commitment to strengthening community care, enhancing client services and advancing the practice of behavioral healthcare,” said David C. Guth, Jr., CEO of Centerstone. “Manatee Glens is well-respected as an innovator in inpatient and outpatient service delivery, and its team expands the depth of Centerstone’s clinical services and expertise. We are excited to move this affiliation forward.”
As part of the proposed affiliation, Manatee Glens would change its name to Centerstone of Florida. Its assets would be preserved as a local nonprofit organization with a local board of governance. Mary Ruiz, President/CEO of Manatee Glens, continues to serve as CEO of the organization.
“This affiliation model is unique in that it maintains local governance of services while adding national resources and expertise,” said Manatee Glens President/CEO Mary Ruiz. “This is a best-of-both-worlds opportunity to meet the demands of the new national healthcare environment while preserving our local mission, staff and services.”
Centerstone is one of the largest non-profit providers of behavioral healthcare in the nation. In operation for nearly 60 years, it is comprised of subsidiary organizations including:
- Provider organizations in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee, which provide an array of treatment, support and educational programs and services to more than 84,000 individuals who have mental health and addiction disorders and developmental disabilities;
- Centerstone Research Institute, a unique organization specializing in improving healthcare through research and information technology;
- Centerstone Military Services, which provides specialized services and support to service members, veterans and their loved ones nationwide;
- Advantage Behavioral Health, which creates healthcare management solutions that improve access to services and advance patient care and outcomes;
- Centerstone Health Partners, which is establishing integrated care clinics to serve the physical and behavioral healthcare needs of patients; and
- Centerstone Foundation, the organization’s philanthropic arm.
Manatee Glens is the leading community behavioral health hospital and outpatient practice in south Tampa Bay. It has a 60-year history working to change the lives of children, teens, adults and seniors who face trauma, addictions, psychiatric illnesses and emotional disorders, serving 16,000 clients each year.
When finalized, the Centerstone/Manatee Glens affiliation will create an organization with 155 locations in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee and approximately $189 million in annual revenues. It will employ more than 3,000 people and serve an estimated 100,000 individuals of all ages.
About Manatee Glens
Manatee Glens is Your Community Behavioral Health Hospital. It is the leading specialty hospital and outpatient practice for mental health and addictions in south Tampa Bay serving one out of every 30 local families. In addition to mental health and addiction services, Manatee Glens offers child abuse and neglect and adoption support services. For more information, visit www.manateeglens.org.
Centerstone, a not-for-profit organization, is one of the nation’s largest behavioral healthcare providers. It offers a range of treatment, support and educational programs and services to individuals who have mental health and addiction disorders and developmental disabilities. Each year, the organization serves more than 84,000 people of all ages at nearly 150 locations across Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. It also operates the Centerstone Foundation, Centerstone Research Institute, Advantage Behavioral Health, Centerstone Military Services and Centerstone Health Partners.