“I didn’t realize the extent of services that Centerstone Indiana provides.” That comment was made by a number of guests during the Centerstone – Changing Lives gathering hosted at the Marr Road facility in Columbus IN.
The evening focused on Centerstone’s services in Bartholomew County and provided information regarding the breadth of programs to community leaders, program partners, donors and friends. Guests enjoyed the speed dating format and the opportunity to hear directly from therapists and counselors how their individual and group work with clients aided treatment and recovery from mental health and substance abuse disorders. Centerstone Indiana Chief Operating Officer, Shirley Arney, shared information about Centerstone’s work to expand programs for individuals dealing with opioid addiction. Anna Hilycord, Manager of Adult and Family Services, pictured, discussed services and treatment available for adults with substance abuse disorders.
Centerstone’s impact during the last year included:
- More than 3,900 Bartholomew County adults received on-going services
- Over 1,680 adults received treatment for a substance abuse diagnosis
- Crisis services became available by phone 24/7 and at the Walk-in and Emergency Service Clinic during regular business hours
- 174 homeless adults received supportive services
- 82 veterans received counseling
- Centerstone placed Therapists and Family Support Specialists in seven local schools
- Centerstone noted an immediate need for foster parents
Three clients made a tremendous impact when they shared their personal stories. Two clients at different stages of recovery from substance abuse gave insights on the challenges they faced in their recovery and the importance of working with the adult service team of therapists, rehabilitation specialists, employment and recovery coaches. A third client provided insights on the importance of medication and support for his bi-polar diagnosis.
The Changing Lives event highlighted that treatment does work and recovery is possible.