Distinguished community leaders will guide and support organization’s mission to prevent and cure mental illness
Nashville, Tenn. – Centerstone, the nation’s leading not-for-profit provider of community-based mental health and addiction services, today announced the members and officers who will serve on the 2012-2013 Centerstone of America board of directors. Board members help raise awareness, oversee operations, serve as advocates and provide strategic guidance for the organization.
“The seasoned leadership and expertise of each of our board members are invaluable to Centerstone as we seek to strengthen and grow our operations,” said David Guth, CEO of Centerstone of America. “Because of their dedication and commitment, Centerstone is better able to fulfill its mission to prevent and cure mental illness and addiction and advance behavioral healthcare throughout Middle Tennessee and Southern Indiana and across the nation.”
Members of the Centerstone of America board of directors named today are as follows:
- Chair: Philippa Guthrie, Vice President and General Counsel, Indiana University Foundation (Bloomington, Ind.)
- Vice-Chair: Richard H. Fitzgerald, Retired, SunTrust Bank (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Secretary: Linda L. Hobbs, Brown County Tobacco-Free Partnership (Nashville, Ind.)
- Immediate Past Chair: A John Rose, President, Textillery Weavers (Bloomington, Ind.)
- David Guth, CEO, Centerstone of America (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Trish Lindler, Retired Senior Vice President of Government Programs for HCA, Inc. (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Joe Roche, President, St. Vincent Jennings Hospital (North Vernon, Ind.)
- Jim Sweeten, Retired, Partner at KPMG (Gallatin, Tenn.)
Centerstone, a not-for-profit organization, is one the nation’s largest providers of community-based behavioral healthcare. It provides a full range of mental health, addiction and related educational services to more than 75,000 individuals of all ages each year. The organization has nearly 130 facilities and 220 partnership locations throughout Indiana and Tennessee. It also operates Centerstone Foundation, Centerstone Research Institute, Advantage Behavioral Health and Not Alone. For more information about Centerstone, please visit www.centerstone.org.