- States: Tennessee
- Counties Offered: Select schools in Bedford, Bledsoe, Bradley, Cheatham, Coffee, Cumberland, Davidson, Dickson, Franklin, Hamilton, Houston, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marion, Maury, McMinn, Monroe, Montgomery, Polk, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Sequatchie, Stewart, Sumner, White, Wilson
Centerstone offers School-Based Therapy within many Tennessee schools. Providing integrated mental health treatment for children and adolescents, School-Based Therapists work within preschool, elementary, middle and high school facilities, helping students overcome behavioral, emotional or social problems that interfere with success at school and at home.
Common issues may include:
- Poor social skills
Our therapists help students reduce disruptive behavior and improve self-monitoring skills. Integrated as members of the school team, we can serve youth in a familiar setting, offering minimal interruption to their school day.
School-Based Therapy includes:
- Individual and group therapy
- Family counseling
- Risk assessments, as needed (suicidal or homicidal)
- Specialized training and support services for parents and teachers
- Collaboration with other community providers
- Linkage to additional community resources
Centerstone’s School-Based Therapists are master’s level credentialed to provide services based on their degree in social work, counseling or psychology. These creative professionals partner with teachers, school administrators and parents to develop individualized treatment plans and behavioral interventions for students.
Teachers, guidance counselors, principals, providers or parents may refer students for these services. To make a referral or sign up, call the child’s school and ask to speak with a Centerstone School-Based Therapist.
Funding for Centerstone’s School-Based Therapy varies from county to county. Services may be funded by state or federal grants, TennCare, private insurance or self-pay. Call Centerstone to learn more about School-Based Therapy in your community.
Centerstone serves students in more than 350+ locations throughout Tennessee. To view a list of School-Based Therapy locations sorted by school name, click here.
To view a list of School-Based Therapy locations sorted by county, click here.