The Training Institute believes that training and staff development strengthens skills and improves quality of care. By improving quality of care, the Training Institute advances Centerstone’s goal of empowering clients to realize their potential.
For community mental health professionals, the Training Institute in Kentucky offers professional development opportunities for various certifications and for continuing education. Clicking on a training title below will redirect to EventBrite for more information (schedules, fees, locations, etc.) and for registration.
For Centerstone’s Kentucky’s staff *, the Training Institute offers professional development through instructor-led classroom training, workshops and online training. Centerstone’s staff can refer to the full list of learning opportunities through the CKY Relias portal.
* Centerstone staff at Central State Hospital are welcome to attend the CE classroom trainings. After reviewing the training information, please send an email to the Centerstone Training Institute for registration.
For more information or general questions, contact the Centerstone Training Institute. Business hours for the Training Institute are M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Centerstone is approved for 2018 by the KBEP to sponsor continuing education for credential holders in Kentucky. Centerstone maintains responsibility for applicable programs and their contents.
Targeted Case Management — 2-Day Core Training
- February 6 and 7 – open for registration
- May 9 and 10 – opens for registration in February 2019
- August 21 and 22 – opens for registration in May 2019
- November 21 and 22 – opens for registration in August 2019
Peer Support Specialist Certification
This training does not link to EventBrite because there is an application process.
2019 dates: March 11-20; May 13 – 22; July 29 – August 7; and November 4 – 13
Centerstone KY is offering the Peer Support Certification program for those who desire to serve as a peer support specialist for adults or youth with mental health, substance use, or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders or their family members.
This 8-day certification program combines the requirements for Adult, Family, and Youth Peer Support Specialists, including the Family Leadership Academy, with group instruction and breakout sessions specific to the needs of Adult, Family, and Youth Peer Support Specialists. To earn PSS Certification: Attend all 8 days of Certification class IN FULL, Pass an oral exam, and Pass a written exam. Cost: $350 per participant ($200 Scholarships are available for individuals (not with an employer providing human services))
The certification course will meet the requirements of the following Kentucky Administrative Regulations
- Adult PSS – 908 KAR 2:220 http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/kar/908/002/220.htm
- Family PSS – 908 KAR 2:230 http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/908/002/230.htm
- Youth PSS – 908 KAR 2:240 http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/908/002/240.htm
For an application, call (502) 220-8498.