SEX & RELATIONSHIPS
In this section we’ll help you make informed decisions when it comes to your sexuality. We’ll give you facts and resources about your physical and emotional health so you can make decisions that are right for you. Forms of contraception, teen pregnancy, STD/STIs, identifying healthy relationships and consent are also discussed.
- Consent – Consent is agreement or permission to do or allow something. Consent to sexual activity is also an agreement and must also be voluntary and affirmative.
- Contraception – Birth control, also known as contraception and fertility control, is a method or device used to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy – Relationships are part of every teen’s life. Entering into a healthy relationship commonly occurs. Maintaining that healthy relationship is key.
- LGBTQ – LGBTQ is an acronym that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning.
- STD/STI – Contracting an STD/STI is one possible consequence of sexual activity.
- Teen Pregnancy – If you’re having sex, you could get pregnant. Did you know the U.S. has one of the highest rates of teen pregnancy in the industrialized world?