Recovery is the personal and unique way that a person changes attitudes, feelings, goals, skills or roles to overcome addiction and live a hopeful, productive life. Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) alone is not enough to overcome addiction – individual and group therapy are vital in reaching and maintaining recovery.
Medication-Assisted Treatment is an essential part of comprehensive treatment for substance misuse. FDA-approved medications are used to calm overly-active areas of the brain, reduce cravings and increase your chances of long-term recovery. Options include Vivitrol, Suboxone and Methadone; also, because individual and group counseling and therapy are vital to overcoming addiction, we will provide those services, as well.
If you or someone you know is interested in obtaining services at the new MAT facility, call Centerstone at 855-608-3560 ext. 7734 with the following information:
- Phone number
- MAT services you are inquiring about:
- If you are inquiring about treatment for you or someone else
- If you are currently being prescribe MAT at a different facility
- If you plan on transferring the treatment to the Centerstone facility
Many safeguards are already in place to ensure all clients are adhering to policies and procedures. Those safeguards include:
- All clients are checked in the Illinois prescription drug monitoring program to prevent poly-pharmacy, diversion and ultimately overdose
- Clients with poly-pharmacy may be medically withdrawn from services or referred to a higher level of care
- All spoke sites will be expected to also monitor for the same range of medications
- Diversion prevention strategies, including witnessed urine and saliva collection and testing, performed randomly
- Additional drug testing and routine urinalysis
- Carefully observed dosing
- Medical recall for those clients who can take home Methadone
- Take homes are only allowed after clients have successfully engaged in counseling and support services and passed a number of urinalysis/saliva test
- 24/7 video surveillance of the property and surrounding area
- Monitoring of the parking lot and surrounding area by Centerstone personnel
For more information about Centerstone’s MAT program in Southern Illinois, please click here.
Centerstone cannot offer immediate admission to MAT at this time, but qualified clients will be added to the wait list. To join the wait list, please visit our office during walk-in hours (9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday-Friday).
FDA-approved medications are used to calm overly-active areas of the brain, reduce cravings and increase your chances of long-term recovery. Options include Methadone, Suboxone and Vivitrol. We will listen to the concerns of the client and, with their individual needs in mind, we will help choose the medication option that is right for each client.
For more information about Centerstone’s MAT program in Alton, please click here.