Planning for your first visit
Pursuing treatment for mental health or substance use disorders can be a difficult choice to make. We know it can be scary to admit when we need some help. But Centerstone doesn’t judge! Whether you are looking for services for yourself or a loved one, reaching out is the first step.
Ready to take the first step? We can help guide you to the type of care that best suits your needs. To get started, give us a call at 1-877-HOPE-123 (877-467-3123).
Your first appointment
Your first visit may look different than someone else’s, but there are a few things you can have ready to make the check-in experience run more smoothly.
What should you bring to your first appointment?
- Your driver’s license or government ID
- Your insurance card (if you have one)
- A list of any medications you are currently taking (including dosage)
- Name and contact information from previous mental health services you’ve had in the past
Appointments will either be an in-person or a virtual visit using telehealth technology. Regardless of what type of appointment you have scheduled please allow a little extra time before your first appointment to complete paperwork.
If you are new to using telehealth we wanted to share a few tips to help you feel more prepared.
- Please login 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Please make sure you are in a safe, private place at the time of the appointment. If you are driving or in a place not free from distractions, your provider may ask that you reschedule.
- If this appointment is for a minor 16 years of age or younger, the minor and legal guardian must be present for the appointment. If both individuals are not present for the appointment, your provider may ask that you reschedule.
Visit our health + wellness section where you can find useful information on a variety of mental health topics.