Centerstone is pleased to offer an internship experience for Associate, Bachelor and Master level students currently seeking a one or two semester placement. Centerstone strives to provide students with teaching-focused and clinical-based environments in which they can shadow, practice and receive support that will assist them in reaching their educational and career goals.
All internship experiences may include any of the following clinical experiences and exposures, subject to change based on availability, student need and client need; children, adolescents, adults, family, individual, group, life skills, case management, therapeutic services, clinical assessments, substance use, residential, school-based, home-based and community-based to name a few. Interns may also have an opportunity to work closely with community partners including, but not limited to, probation departments, court systems and other client engaging entities. Supervision for interns is a crucial part of the learning experience. Centerstone has clinical staff with a variety of licensures and experiences who will help guide interns in their role at our organization. Centerstone ensures supervision upon hiring for internship opportunities.
Associate and Bachelor Level Internship Program
Social Work, Psychology, Health and Human Services and other related fields.
Master Level Internship Program
Social Work, Generalist and Advanced, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Health and Human Services fields.
Intern Expectations and Functions
- Follow all policies and procedures of Centerstone, including Covid-19 vaccination policy. Interns are considered an employee of our organization.
- Provide face-to-face services for clients at a variety of locations based on client need
- Willing to travel to surrounding counties as applicable to client need/intern experience
- Willing to work evenings as needed for client care
- Coordinate client care and review evidenced-based practices with our multi-disciplinary team
- Provide client care from initial encounter throughout treatment and discharge
- Update electronic health records to account for services, assessments and care planning
- Present with strong oral and written communication skills
- Show up with a desire to learn new things and seek out information for yourself and others
Centerstone has a history of providing first-rate internship experiences, many of which have turned into long-term careers. Centerstone provides opportunity for advancement and continued professional growth within the health and human services field. Centerstone utilizes a learning management system that includes online and virtual training sessions that provide CEUs when available, and has a library of over 1,300 online trainings available to all employees.
Centerstone also offers employee benefits for interns, including but not limited to EAP sessions, personal financial assistance through Pocket Nest, Dell discounts, Tickets At Work discounts (zoos, concerts, theme parks, experiences), Wellness Program, free CALM app subscription and more.
Internship opportunities and placements are on a first come, first served basis. Please review the below dates:
|Application Process Opens
|Application Process Closes
|HR Email Set/Checks Begin
|Possible Start Date
Please be prepared to answer the following questions: What are the specific dates of your internship? What university program are you affiliated with? How many hours per week? Where will you be located during your internship and do you have reliable transportation? Have you previously spoken to anyone at Centerstone about an internship opportunity?
Please reach out with any program specific questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding internship opportunities at Centerstone locations in other states, please reach out directly to your state’s Human Resources Director at 1-877-HOPE-123 (1-877-467-3123).