The Crisis Stabilization Unit will officially relaunch on 4/1/2023
Centerstone’s Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) in Carterville provides a supportive, stabilizing environment for adults experiencing difficulty managing mental health symptoms, but who do not require inpatient care.
While at the CSU, you will:
- Develop many skills, including coping and recovery skills, and symptom management tools with the help of a knowledgeable and supportive trauma-informed treatment team
- Participate in assessment, treatment planning, and group services that promote hope, growth and improved quality of life in a compassionate environment
- Have access to 24-hour wraparound care during your short-term stay (typically 3-7 days), including:
- An experienced nurse who can answer your questions and provide you with care and support
- Telepsychiatry services to prescribe or modify medication, if necessary
- A treatment team who will work with you throughout your stay with us, including post-discharge supports and connections to Centerstone and other community services
CSU admissions are scheduled 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday – Friday with trauma informed crisis staff.
For individuals wishing to be screened for possible admission to the CSU, please call Centerstone’s Crisis Services 24/7/365 at 1-855-608-3560. Insurances accepted are Illinois Medicaid or Illinois Medicaid-Managed Care. Individuals with no insurance and no/low income may also be eligible.
If you are a community partner wishing to make a referral, please contact the CSU at (618) 319-6069.