What should I do if I need help?
Contact Centerstone to talk with a therapist about problems focusing and how we can help.
How do I know if I have ADHD?
Symptoms of ADHD usually appear early in life, between the ages of three and six. ADHD is one of the most common mental health disorders in children and affects millions of children across the world. ADHD can continue affecting a child’s ability to focus through adulthood.
There are two main aspects of ADHD: inattention behavior and hyperactive-impulse behavior.
Symptoms of inattentive behavior:
- being easily distracted
- forgetfulness or confusions
- becoming bored quickly or switching activities frequently
- trouble completing tasks such as homework or picking up their toys
- difficulty with following instructions
Symptoms of hyperactive-impulse behaviors:
- fidgeting or squirming
- talking excessively
- being constantly restless or always in motion
- being impatient or having trouble sharing or waiting their turn
- often interrupting or intruding
How can ADHD be treated?
When ADHD begins to control your day-to-day life, it is time to seek professional help.
Most experts agree that a combination of talk therapy and medication work best for treating ADHD. Centerstone staff are trained to help people deal with ADHD so they lead a happy and healthy life.
If you need help dealing with ADHD, contact us today.
We know that there isn’t one solution that works for everyone, so our treatment options include you in the decision-making process.