What is depression?
Depression is a very common emotional illness that makes you feel intensely sad or hopeless. It affects an estimated one in 15 adults per year in the U.S.
How do I know if I have depression?
If you experience some of the following symptoms for more than two weeks, consider professional help.
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Eating too much or too little
- Not being able to function at work or school
- Having headaches, digestive disorders, nausea, pain with no medical basis
- Crying more than usual
- Having thoughts of death or suicide
- Lacking energy, always feeling tired
- Having slowed thinking
- Experiencing a loss of interest in daily activities
- Experiencing a loss of sex drive
- Always feeling sad, anxious, worthlessness or hopeless
- Feeling restless, agitated or irritable