In 2017, more than 1,700 Hoosiers died from a drug overdose. This was an all-time high and a 75 percent increase since 2011, according to the Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation.
Linda Grove-Paul, Vice President of Adult Services for Centerstone, recently delivered remarks to an Indiana Senate Committee outlining potential changes (in models of care) to better address addiction recovery.
It’s also why Centerstone has been working to help establish certified treatment centers. These centers would offer a full range of person-centered addiction treatment options.
Several treatment options can generate meaningful, data-driven outcomes to help with addiction:
- Relapse prevention
- Recovery services
- Peer Support
- Medication-Assisted Treatments (MAT)
“The addiction crisis stems from the fact that, fundamentally, we do not, as a nation, treat addiction like the chronic disease that it is,” said Grove-Paul.
“This is what we have to change. Centerstone endorses Senate Bill 33, which will move us a step closer to establishing a standard of care for addiction treatment and will help ensure all Hoosiers have access to patient-centered, personalized treatment that is right for them.”
Help with Addiction
Grove-Paul’s testimony underscored the importance of the Senate bill’s changes and funding. In fact, much of Senate Bill 33 is modeled after recent federal legislation.
Senate Bill 33 seeks to accomplish the following:
- Establish a comprehensive standard of care for addiction treatment
- Strengthen the state’s behavioral health infrastructure
- Improve access to mental healthcare services
As one of Indiana’s top behavioral health providers, Centerstone understands the challenges of getting help with addiction. It’s why Centerstone remains committed to offering a full range of person-centered addiction treatments.
Centerstone applauds the state’s efforts to recognize addiction as a chronic disease and establish a network of Comprehensive Addiction Recovery Centers that can provide the full continuum of evidence-based treatments.
Centerstone offers inpatient care to meet your needs:
- Treatment is available for dependence issues, depression, anxiety and other mental illnesses.
- Assistance in coordinating each aspect of your treatment may help ease your concerns.
- Our staff will work with your insurance to help determine best payment options.
- Most insurance plans, including Medicare and Tricare, are accepted.
- Travel can be arranged. Transportation from Tampa Bay area airports and hospitals is offered.