Centerstone Tennessee CEO Dr. Bob Vero was named to Nashville Mayor David Briley’s new Community Behavioral Health and Wellness Advisory Council — a group of experts who will advise the Mayor in setting priorities around behavioral health, mental illness and substance use issues.
The purpose of the Council will be to promote broad collaboration between government and community partners to support systems change that will ultimately better serve residents and families in need. Members named to the Council include service providers and public health experts as well as representatives from the justice system, academia, Metro Schools, faith communities and those living with a mental or behavioral health condition.
Members of the Community Behavioral Health and Wellness Advisory Council:
- Katina Beard, CEO, Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center
- Rob Briley, Former Tennessee Legislator and Person in Recovery
- Schatzie Brunner, Advocate
- Monty Burks, Director of Special Projects, Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Judge Sheila Calloway, Juvenile Court of Metro Nashville and Davidson County
- Judge Daniel Eisenstein, Retired Mental Health Court Judge and Advocate
- Brian Gill, Vice President of Behavioral Health, Saint Thomas Health
- Daron Hall, Sheriff, Davidson County Sheriff’s Office
- Mary Linden Salter, Executive Director, Tennessee Association of Alcohol and other Addiction Services
- Tony Majors, Executive Officer of Student Services, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Robin Nobling, Executive Director, NAMI
- Jameson Norton, CEO, Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Dr. Bill Paul, Director, Metro Public Health Department
- Dr. William Richie, Psychiatrist, Assistant Professor, Meharry Medical College
- Pamela Sessions, CEO, Renewal House
- Dr. Jeffrey Stovall, Psychiatrist, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Angie Thompson, Director of Behavioral Health and Wellness, Metro Public Health Department
- Bob Vero, CEO, Centerstone Tennessee
- Dr. Joseph Webb, CEO, Nashville General Hospital
- Pam Womack, CEO, Mental Health Cooperative
More information about the Advisory Council can be found on the Nashville.gov website.